Health and Safety Assessor
We are seeking a H&S Assessor to join our team. The role is a key part of our ContractorCheck service and involves the assessment, evaluation and validation of safety management systems and best practices of contractors across a multitude of trades and sizes across Canada. Assessments are primarily desktop, document based assessments. Your ability to provide superior customer service, build rapport and gain the contractor’s confidence will be key to individual and team success. The position reports to the Manager, Assessment Services.
- Assess the safety management programs of contractors working with our clients using our internal assessment tools, against relevant federal and provincial legislation, client specific standards and best practices
- Provide appropriate support and guidance to contractors in the attainment and maintenance of our accreditation standards
- Provide technical and administrative health and safety support to the ContractorCheck Assessment Team
- Contractor engagement via telephone, web, email, and fax
- Assist in the update and development of relevant accreditation standards and assessment protocols
- Develop and produce guidance and support material for contractors and clients.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- CRSP professional designation preferred
- Practical experience in or with construction, manufacturing, engineering or trades
- Working knowledge of provincial and federal health and safety legislation, safe work procedures and best practices
- Risk management, auditing or consulting experience
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and programs is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an outgoing, engaging personality
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF form, quoting the job title: Health and Safety Assessor in the subject line, by November 10, 2017 no later than 4:30 p.m.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.